While we may seem to be a little on the picky side, we health-minded (obsessed) folk really aren’t that hard to shop for. Here is a quick list of ideas to get those gears turning as you look to gift those you love, not just with more stuff, but with the kind of gifts that show love, thoughtfulness and support.
1. The Big Grab Baskets
What health enthusiast wouldn’t love a basket full of goodies? Of course, we’re not talking about cookies and brownies in a jar, or those mega baskets of cheeses and smoked meats. We’re talking about a bounty of life dropped right in their laps. Here are some things we would LOVE to see in some gift baskets:
The Edible Basket:
- Goji Berries
- Dried Blueberries or Dried Fruits without sweeteners or preservatives
- Medjool Dates
- Date Rolls
- Raw Cacao for Smoothies or Shakes
- Probiotic Dark Chocolate
- Nut Butters
- Kale Chips
- Flax Crackers
- Organic Popcorn + Virgin Coconut Oil
- Trail Mix (real deal, no added sugars, sulfites, hydrogenated oils or canola, or candies)
- Salad Jar filled with portioned crunchy/mixed toppings (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or chopped walnuts with raisins or chopped dried figs)
A recipe book or two would make a great addition to this basket to really round it off.
The Superfood Basket:
- Goji Berries
- Dried Blueberries
- Raw Cacao (Nibs or Powder)
- Hemp Hearts
- Chia Seeds
- Dark Chocolate
The Blender-full Basket:
- Long, narrow silicone spatula so we can get every last drop of that smoothie out of the container
- Raw Cacao (Powder)
- Hemp Hearts
- Chia Seeds
- Bee Pollen (unless they’re vegan)
- Spirulina, Moringa or other Greens Powders
- Liquid Stevia
- Fresh fruit (if you’re packing it up soon before gifting it off)
The “Ready to Go Remedies” Basket
- Colloidal Silver (Our favorite is Sovereign Silver)
- Sambucus with Echinacea
- Wellness Formula
- Essential Oils (Tea Tree, Fighting Five, Eucalyptus, Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Sweet Orange, Lavender and Thyme are some great picks!)
- Raw, Local Honey
The “Hot Cup of Joe (or Tea)” Basket
- A pair of nice mugs
- Organic Coffee
- Organic and Specialty Teas (Green, Ginger, Oolong, Jasmine, Chamomile… there are really so many to choose from)
- Stevia or Xylitol
- A gift card to their favorite bookstore to nab a new title
The Home & Self-Care Basket
- Essential Oil Hydrosols (especially great for those who have little ones in the home)
- Natural, Toxin-Free Soaps, Lotions and Lip Balms
- Soy Candles made with Essential Oils and Natural Fragrances (don’t you dare drop Febreeze in that basket!)
- Natural Room Fresheners (They won’t likely be so glad to get the Glade)
- Essential oil diffuser
2. Complete Shakes with a Mini-Blender or Cool Shaker Bottle
Health & Fitness Freaks have the hardest time finding shakes that taste great, have a great texture and come without all the junkity-junk found in so many products these days. JuicePlus+’s Complete Shakes are crazy delicious (French Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate with variety packs also available), super smooth (yes, even when just mixed in the shaker bottle) and are chock full of all sorts of nutritional goodness. I really love that they can be bought in a large bag or single-serve packets that make them uber convenient too. Did I mention that there also vegan-friendly? Seriously, I don’t care how much I have stock piled, I would totally squeal at getting these as a gift!
3. Essential Oils & Diffusers
Company’s like Eden’s Garden offer spectacular gift sets of all shapes and sizes, making it easy to grab a box set that’s sure to put a smile on most any natural wellness gal’s (or guy’s) face. Our favorite are the Biblical Set, the Be Blessed Set, the Everyday Essential Oil Set, and their Synergy Blend Set. Of course, their “Create-Your-Own” Sets are a great way to save money nabbing a collection of your favorite 2, 6, 12, or 32 oils.
The Simple Start Set also makes a great gift as it comes with extra basic bottles, roller bottles, personal diffusers, and coconut carrier oil in addition to 6 incredible essentials.
If you REALLY want to knock the socks off your essential oil enthusiast, you can go Uber big with the Supreme Set that gives them 10 ml each of 64 different oils or you can go UBER UBER big with their Complete Set which has them set with 128 essential oils.
Their “Ok for Kids” collection makes a great gift for the kiddos too with blends that smell so good that mother dearest just may nab them too.
4. Eco-Friendly Travel Mugs, Water Bottles & Travel Containers
Glass bottles with the beautiful silicone grips, eco-friendly mugs to sip some hot green tea out of and some travel containers for all our healthful nibbles’n’bits always come in handy and are always super appreciated!
5. A Super Schnazzy Fitness Tracker
There are so many great fitness trackers on the market today, from MyZone (which I love because it has a band to wrap around the torso, keeping it out of the way and from getting smacked around during intense training) to FitBit, Garmin and Apple’s iWatch.
6. The Gift of Music
This one is really for the one that loves to just pop their earbuds in and jam out like an all-star in the gym. Gift cards for downloads or a subscription to apps like Spotify can be a great gift or stocking-stuffer.
7. The Gift of Killer Fitness Wear
Any gym-junkie would love getting some super stylish fitness wear, especially if that gym-junkie happens to be a female of most any age. If you don’t know sizes, opt for a gift card that gives them permission to pick their faves.
I personally love all the great fitness wear that keeps coming out with powerful scriptures and declarations on them like:
- “They shall soar on wings like eagles. They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not grow faint.”
- “She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come without fear of the future.” and
- “I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me.”
Of course, there are many other really cute ones out there bring faith and fitness together in some really awesome fitness wear. Some inspiration with their perspiration, you know what I’m sayin’?
8. Kitchen Equipment
Whether your health nut likes to cook or not, there are a ton of gadgets, gizmos and appliances out there that can make quick work of healthy, homemade meals. These are just a few things we would love to have land in our laps.
- Smoothie jars with special smoothie lids
- Salad jars with those cute little containers for our favorite sauces
- Meal prep bowls
- Food processor
- Blender (personal or larger countertop models)
- Vegetable spiralizer
- Choppers & cutting boards
- Good knives
- Ulu with a gorgeous salad serving set
- Nice eco-friendly cookware (without the toxic coatings, please!)
- Bamboo or other wooden serving sets
9. 1-Month to their Favorite Gym or Group Fitness Class
I know this one may seem to cross a line or break some cardinal rule. Be sure you know how the person you’re buying it for and that he/she understands the heart in which it is being given. This would be great accompanied with a new journal and a note of encouragement in how proud you are of this special loved one for being such an inspiration to you and others in how they bring such effort to really stepping it up in their health. Let this be a tool to cheer them on and show them your support.
10. Fitness Gear
Whether we’re hitting the gym or working out at home, there’s most always something we could really use or would love to introduce. These things can be small like resistance bands or toe-sox or bigger like a heavy bag, inexpensive as a new mat or a killer investment like that TRX band set we’ve been eyeballing for months. Do a little digging to find out what kind of fitness activities their into and nab a piece of gear that really resonates with that inner warrior of theirs.
11. A Tower Garden
I guarantee you – this will be the one they talk about for YEARS to come!
I realize this one may be a big buy but it is sure to be the gift of the year for anyone passionate about healthy foods. A tower garden will give them year round abundance of fresh, vibrant foods with very little cost to maintain. It’s even loved and well-enjoyed by people who otherwise struggle with getting anything to grow. Kids LOVE them and they make it too ridiculously easy to have healthy, homegrown foods indoors and out, year-round. If you’re looking to give the gift that totally beats out all others for the year, GO FOR THE GARDEN!
12. Gift cards to their favorite Health & Wellness Store
We love when someone gives a free pass to hit the Health Food Store and just shop for whatever wellness goodies we can get our hands on!
Whatever you end up going with, we thank you for your thoughtfulness and for using this as a time to show your support! The gift of wellness is truly a gift that keeps on giving.
Praying you and your family a Very Merry Christmas, filled with more joy and blessings than you can count or contain!
Your turn. What are your favorite health & wellness gifts to give or receive?
*Note, this article does contain affiliate links to products for which I receive a small commission for purchases at no added cost to you. The links to products featured are not just for profit – these are products I personally use and absolutely love!